UBC’s Okanagan campus does not offer centralized shipping. However, CRMS acts as a convenient pick-up location, in addition to providing US customs and Dangerous Goods forms to help you meet your shipping needs.
Following best practices will help ensure that your package arrives safely and promptly at its destination.
- Be familiar with the requirements of the courier that your department has chosen.
- Use online shipping options wherever possible. These options typically provide the most complete information to your courier of choice.
- Many departments on campus use Purolator for their shipping needs. If you would like to set up a Purolator account for your department, contact CRMS and we will provide you with the information for a dedicated customer care agent.
- Please ensure that your items are packaged prior to drop-off at CRMS.
- For urgent shipments, please deliver your shipment to the CRMS loading dock by 1:00pm for shipment that day. Otherwise, the courier may pick up your shipment the following day.
Many couriers offer a basic minimum insurance with any package. Check with your courier to ensure that your needs are being met. If you need additional insurance, many insurance packages can be purchased directly from your department’s courier of choice.
For high dollar-value items, additional insurance can be purchased through Risk Management Services at UBC’s Vancouver campus.
You must have a valid Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) certification in order to ship dangerous goods. For more information or to arrange TDG training, please contact email@example.com.
Check the Customs requirements of the country you are shipping to in order to ensure that you are following their guidelines. We recommend that you use the online shipping options provided by your courier wherever possible. For Customs purposes, you will be required to provide three signed copies of any commercial invoices associated with your package.
For your convenience, CRMS has developed a fillable Commercial Invoice form that can be downloaded and completed by your department for use in international shipping: